Felicia's Reviews > Unclaimed

Unclaimed by Courtney Milan

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in August, 2012

I'm in production on Guild season 6 and so exhausted that the only thing I crave is to escape into some good book brain numbing at night before bed. I found this author through my book club, Vaginal Fantasy, after someone recommended it as a stand-out MAN virgin historical romance. I was skeptical at first because the concept seemed either cheesy or maybe preachy, but ended up LOVING this book. I just gobbled up 2 other books by this author, and I really love how she twists the traditional characters of the genre to be more interesting than you'd expect. This is a very non-traditional pairing, man virgin and courtesean, but they are perfectly paired together. And there are really interesting arguments about morality and chastity here, this isn't an inch-deep book IMO. I really enjoyed it, and will be a fan of this author in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unclaimed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson oooh role switching I like the sound of this! Happy reading felicia and no overdoing things miss!!

message 2: by Muriel (new) - added it

Muriel I just started this series myself and I'm loving the author so far. I'm currently on book one and I'm guessing that Mark is the hero on Unclaimed which is awesome!

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia I recommend also trying her novellas if you like her full-length novels. I especially liked The Governess Affair, which is a prequel to her next series which will be coming out soon. One thing I particularly appreciated was that neither of the main characters are titled, a rarity in Regency books.

Susie I avoided romance novels for the past 25 years of my life... then I recently caved in and read 8 Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake for Vaginal Fantasy - and actually enjoyed it! I then read this trilogy and LOVED it! aaaaaand now I'm on my 20th romance novel in a row. I blame this on you, Felicia!! :)
(It's such a great way to relax my brain as I drag myself through art history grad school)