Amanda Croley's Reviews > My Liege of Dark Haven

My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair

Sep 01, 12

Read in September, 2012

Eeeh not my favorite... but it's a Cherise Sinclair book, so still worth reading. I have no experience in this lifestyle, but every time I read her book I think I should give it a try! Too bad I am a chicken! lol
Abby is a teacher, but not for long. Her school is having cutbacks and without any recent publications, she will be the first one on the chopping block. Her very recent ex is into BDSM, but it has never been her thing. She decides to kill two birds with one stone. She joins the local club to gain the knowledge to write a paper on it, and to gain the experience needed to get Nathan back. Xavier is Dark Haven's owner, super sexy, but totally emotionally off limits. He has women, several actually, but nothing serious. Since his wife passed away, he has never allowed himself to get attached again.

****Spoilers****
Abby is plump and because of this very insecure. Xavier pushes her to her limits, helping her gain confidence. She immediately has feelings for him, but he has no intentions of taking their relationship further than a scene or two at the club. As the assistant (her cover to get a membership) her job requires her to participate when instruction is required. Abby had no intentions of getting involved, only watching but is informed quickly that she can't sit around and study the guests. Xavier pushes her further than she thought possible, and she is surprised to find she likes it. Her apprehension with her ex should of been her clue that she didn't trust him to take care of her. Her secret research comes out and everyone feels betrayed, she never intended to reveal their identity, but isn't able to defend herself. Everything is quickly cleared up, Abby apologizes and accepts her punishments. The last hurdle is Abby's evil step sister, who invites Xavier to a family function to discuss charities. He has no idea Janae and Abby are related, but Janae sets it up so that Abby thinks they came to the party together. After avoiding him several days, he finally gets to apologize for the misunderstanding. She forgives him, he asks her to marry him, and gives her a sweet puppy as an engagement present.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Liege of Dark Haven.