Ria [The Beaucoup Review]'s Reviews > Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Aug 20, 12

Read from August 15 to 16, 2012

*******ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE BEAUCOUP REVIEW*******

I have to admit that I requested a copy of this purely because of the title. So I wasn't overly excited to pick it up, before I read Eileen's review. Now THAT got me super excited to read this, so I pushed it to the front of my TBR pile.

Rose was such a wonderful character, and the best parts were when she was swearing or having an anger fuelled argument. She represents all teenaged girls, and I'm sure everyone of us could identify something of ourselves in Rose. But at times I just felt as though she was holding back. I was just like "GO, ROSE! GO!" and it didn't happen. ): I also found that she was really embarrassed about some things, but then was completely fine talking about others [which would be HUGELY embarrassing for anyone else!], as well as the fact that she wasn't actually angry all the time, rather she had angry outbursts. But that's what made her so great; her flaws. She doesn't pretend to be perfect and that's why I loved her.

Her relationship with Jamie was so confusing. I mean, if I were her I would have punched him. But she's so in love with him that his behaviour is somewhat overlooked. And, whilst it's annoying, it's so darn CUTE! They both obviously love each other, or have some deep feelings about one another. But then they wouldn't talk to each other for weeks.

Rose's back story is so touching. We discover what it is that makes her so angry, and there's a lot. From the slap-worthy Regina to her brother and mother, to the situation with Jamie and her annoying best friend-- she has every reason to be angry.

This book wasn't flawless, but neither was it boring. I connected with each character, understand them [which led me to hate a few of them] and saw things from their point of view. Rose's development through the book and building up relationships, letting her anger out, it was so great to be absorbed into that kind of story. The characters in this were my biggest love, and also my biggest peeve. At points I was infuriated with certain characters, the next loving them. But I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them and really can't wait for the sequel! I mean, the ending? SO much more to find out!

-------

P.S I forget to mention, but I LOVED how smart Rose was. And sarcastic. And, I don't think, she was snobby-- as her best friend liked to tell her. Her wit was one of my favourite aspects about her.♥
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Angry Girl.

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Shedden This looks really good! Really unique... :)