Rebecca's Reviews > The Rock Star in Seat 3A

The Rock Star in Seat 3A by Jill Kargman

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: chicklit
Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was pure fanfic. I wrote the same story back in like 1997. This author just happens to have written previous books, which is probably how this book was able to be published because while entertaining as hell, it was just beyond lame. I also found a editing error, which I hatehatehate in published books. So, was this book like thrown together in 4 days? Because it seems like it. I also can't believe that this book isn't categorized under YA. All fanfic should be YA, no matter how graphic, because it's all lame. ANYWAY. The title says it all. The girl, who has an AWESOME boyfriend, leaves him to "discover herself" after she meets a rock star from childhood and they start up something. Bitch. I can't believe the guy took her back in the end, because you know relationships like this never work out. The nice guy taking her back in the end pissed me off soooo much. If only shit like that happened in real life! But it doesn't. This book was just so fake, I couldn't stand it. Just pure fanfic. Not to say it was pure escapism and so fake, but just read at your own risk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rock Star in Seat 3A.