Jennifer's Reviews > Good in Bed

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Dec 04, 2008

bookshelves: 2003, chicklit, fiction
Read in March, 2003 , read count: 1

I am haunted by this book. There is a scene in it that I think about all the time. I don't know if the writing was that good or if something about it just resonated with me - Either way I seriously think about it alot. Has it really been almost 6 years since I read this?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in Bed.

12/25/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Tammy (last edited Dec 04, 2008 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammy Which scene is bothering you? It's been a few years since I have read this one, but Weiner's books have the same effect on me too.

Jennifer It's when she is caring for her daughter in the hospital and she starts going on these really long walks. It's the walks that get to me. Something about the descriptions - I don't know. It's like instead of the walking being a therapy or a healthy activity it was like every step she took was another step into her depression. I think something in that really struck a cord with me because I can see it in my head really clearly. It's like she grew almost ferrell in her depression - It just sticks to me.

Tammy Totally agreed! I think of those scenes every single time I go walking because 1) it sounds like Cami sinks into a deep, almost clinical depression; and 2) I wonder if it is possible to lose that much weight from walking in such a short period of time (I hope!!!)

Weiner is good at provoking emotion and her books stick with you long after you finish them. I still need to read Certain Girls.

Jennifer I think the same thing! I need to drop some pounds so I always think "hmmm... Could I walk off the weight like Cami but not end up loosing myself in my depression?" I think Cami needed happy music playing in headphones instead of getting trapped in her head! ;D
Nice to know that scene sticks to someone elses guts too.
I bought one of her other books but never read it because the content seemed a little too close to home at the time. She is one of those I have on my mental backburner to read everything she wrote at some point.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella Her name is cannie...

Kathleen I think about the walking all the time, too!

Jennifer Kathleen wrote: "I think about the walking all the time, too!"

It's just haunting isn't it?