Erika's Reviews > Degrees of Wrong

Date of Release: August 28th, 2012
Number of Pages: 212
Source: Author for Blog Tour
Summary from Goodreads:
This time, the straight-and-narrow path could be the road to ruin.

Dr. Elyse Morgan’s mission: find the cure to the HTN4 virus. The compensation, courtesy of the United Nations: a lab stocked with hi-tech goodies, limitless resources and enough chocolate to make her rear look like a cellulite farm. Bonus: she gets to live.

Rescued (kidnapped) and secreted (imprisoned) on an undersea warship, Elyse adjusts to her assumed identity as a cadet with the finesse of a toeless ballerina. Her sulfuric temper and blatant insubordination capture the unwanted attention of the ship’s captain, the gorgeous, infuriating, engaged Nicoli Marek.

Elyse would rather perform her own autopsy than become the other woman, but Nicoli—who’s as full of himself as he is of secrets—regards his impending marriage as a mere political transaction. And Elyse as fair game.

As Elyse’s suspicions about the UN’s true agenda mount along with her attraction to the relentless, chronically shirtless captain, she must choose between the murky path to everything she’s ever wanted, or the squeaky-clean path of self-sacrifice—which could mean taking the secrets of the virus with her to the grave.

Warning: Features a strong, chocolate-loving heroine who takes no prisoners on the way to saving the world from an epidemic and winning a captain’s heart.

Review: I am a huge fan of Anna’s writing! I adored her recent YA releas, Of Poseidon, and thought I would venture into the adult fiction world for my girl Anna! Have I mentioned I love her yet???

So I didn’t realize Elyse was a full blown doctor/genius when we first get a glimpse of her patching up a soldier. I could not believe that she stayed on the island, because she chose to. Then I understood everything as the reason why was brought to light. Usually I get bored with the whole world pandemic we need to save everyone routine. I WAS NOT IN DEGREES OF WRONG! I was fully immersed in the main conflict and of course the hot guys. Anna never gives me just one swoon worthy guy, that is something I have learned I can count on!

Degrees of Wrong sucks you in and then spits you out. The twist at the end had my heart beating. I couldn’t believe she did that. Elyse has some guts! Nicoli was rather infuriating in a sexy way and now I want to know more about Ryon. Also there were some hilarious moments, Anna never fails to deliver on humor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Degrees of Wrong.