Anna's Reviews > Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women

Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine  Brooks

Feb 10, 09

Read in February, 2009

I'm currently obsessed with this book. It's coming up in all my conversations. I even made my 102 students listen to a page and a half or so. Fascinating, horrifying, and terribly important stuff for anyone who cares about women and girls, religion, war and peace. I'm reading and re-reading (when I should be reading and writing other stuff!) and hoping I remember it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Parts of Desire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Andrea hey! I was curious about this book so I'm glad to hear you're so obsessed with it. I'll have to find a way to get my hands on it.

Anna Dre! I've been thinking about you! I finished it while ago--really couldn't put it down. You would LOVE it. I don't suppose your good old Papua New Guinea public library would have a copy?!? Miss you!

Andrea What Papua New Guinea Public Library?:)Luckily Amazon knows where PNG is so I can get it for our next order. Did you know that they sell condoms? I ordered a box of 100 about a month ago. Pretty good price too, but still waiting for them to arrive. Anyways, send me an email one of these days and fill me in on your life. School? Brian? Babiessss? We need to catch up!