Chris Munson's Reviews > Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job

Quitter by Jon Acuff

Aug 15, 2012

bookshelves: career
Read in January, 2011

I'm almost speechless. Jon Acuff has accurately described the last several years of my career life (including the reverse Superman clothes changing in the bathroom - and you definitely need to select the stall with the best hook in it). Acuff had 8 different jobs over a period of 8 years and really understands what it is like when you are feeling unappreciated, abused, underutilized, etc. "Quitter" is a humorous and uplifting look at the "Office Space" world out there and the best way to escape it without completely destroying your life and career. Well written and logical, but presented with great passion and humor. Acuff puts forth the same advice that we've heard before...but puts it in a way that resonates. Great life-changing principles (and doses of sobering reality) that will keep you from being your own worst enemy. If you are at the point where you are ready to jump off the career cliff without a net...don't repeat the same mistakes that I have made - read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quitter.