Susan's Reviews > In the Forests of the Night

In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Dec 16, 08

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read in December, 2008

Well...So far this book is switching between the present, and 1701.
A vampire girl is telling you all the in's and out's about being a vampire. And disproving the myths we humans made out of thin air.
Then she starts to flash back to when she was alive, 300 years ago. She was killed when a very powerful vampire, who had been attacked by her brother, decided to choose her as her next victim. As payback for the what her brother had done to her.
After she was killed she then was forced to come back as a vampire.
Thats as far as i've gotten, but i am eager to read on. The riting style is'nt that clear. It seems to skip around a lot, but I like it. It keeps me guessing.
Latly I've been having this problem where, even though i've never read, seen, or heard it before, I just know what will happen next, and so far i haven't been wrong. It's realy bumming me out, no surprises!
How boring?!? But with this book, I never would have thought about this strange twist of perspective on a vampire's life that the author brings up.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Forests of the Night.

12/16/2008 page 105

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily That sounds interesting? I love a good vampire story. Are there many books in the series? I'm interested in how you think it is when it's finished. Make sure and let me know. :)

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan wow. that does sound coool.
did you check it out of the school library or somewere else??