Elizabeth's Reviews > The Time-Traveling Fashionista On Board the Titanic

The Time-Traveling Fashionista On Board the Titanic by Bianca Turetsky

Aug 16, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, teen-ya-books, ya-fiction

This was a fun escape from a book that I was *supposed* to be reading (and one that I was *supposed* to be writing, too). Louise has a passion for vintage clothing, and when she gets an invitation to an exclusive vintage clothing sale, she jumps at the opportunity to find the perfect outfit for the upcoming school dance. At the sale, she finds a gorgeous pink dress that smells faintly like seawater, and when she puts it on, finds herself transported to the first-class decks of the Titanic and the life of a young silent-film actress named Alice Baxter. At first, she enjoys the life of the rich, brushing elbows with the Astors, Benjamin Guggenheim, and her fashion idol Lucile Duff-Gordon, but as the inevitable disaster gets closer and closer, she becomes desperate for a way to get off the ship and back to her old life.

A great piece of time-travel fantasy for middle-grade girls with beautiful illustrations--the illustrations, in my opinion, actually make the book. Can't wait to read the sequel which ARC I got in the mail this week.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Time-Traveling Fashionista On Board the Titanic.

08/15/2012 page 130