Roxanne Kade's Reviews > Forbidden Life

Forbidden Life by Karpov Kinrade

Aug 09, 13

I wasn't sure how much more Kinrade could squeeze out of her character's at this point. They'd been through hell and back, and were still expected to give us an explosive conclusion to this trilogy. Well they did just that!!

Book two ended with many surprises and I was left with many questions running through my mind. What had happened to Drake? What would happen to the kids? Lucy and Luke? And who exactly were the IPI?

After learning so much about Rent-a-Kid, I had my suspicions about IPI. They seemed to come out of nowhere, and even though they offered to help, were they any different from Rent-a-Kid? What were their motives?

The fantastic thing about this story is that each characters has their own story to tell. Whether it was Sam and her continued struggle with her pregnancy as well as the disappearance of Drake, or Lucy and Luke's latest mission to stop Rent-a-Kid, there was never a lack of thrilling moments to keep the momentum going.

I liked that we got to see Sam and Drake on their own. They each had hurdles to get over and without each other to lean on it made for an enthralling read. New characters are introduced throughout this book, while a few secondary characters from the first two books are brought back to give this trilogy yet another outstanding twist.

Once again, Lucy was my hero. I just cannot get over how amazing she is. She showed such strength and depth. I was glad to see her get a bit of the romance she so desperately craved. The island she and Luke found themselves on was amazing, upping the ante. The story morphed from an X-men, spy action adventure to something out of Journey to the Center of the Earth, with fascinating beasts and mutations. I was blown away.

The tension built up with each turn of the page and when the final battle arrived I was on the edge of my seat. My heart was invested in each of the characters and I was sure I'd be left broken by the end. This is one read that should not be missed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Life.

08/09/2013 marked as: read