Bertieob's Reviews > The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry

The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson

U 50x66
Aug 15, 12

This book was really interesting, I am not from any form of medical background and fancied a change from the norm.

I enjoyed the different cases, and they all helped add together to form the conclusion that there is a fine line between sanity and madness and that we all have our mad points.

It was well written and I read it pretty quickly, I have tried to read scientific literature books in the past and found that I have put them down, never to be reopened.

Some of the aspects of the book, such as corporate psycopaths, and pharmaceutical conspiracies to deem more people mentally imbalanced due to a variety of checklists i.e. tests could warrant another book in their own rite.

The subject of Tony is the continual point of reference, reminds me a little of one flew over the cuckoos nest, without the terrible ending. But the reader is not left knowing what really happened to Tony.

Worth a read, but dont start analysing yourself and,others around you

And then there is the question are the mentally ill being treated by the mentally ill?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Psychopath Test.