Mary's Reviews > Snow Burn

Snow Burn by Joel Arnold

Aug 15, 12

Read in March, 2011

Snow Burn is a novel about two teen boys who decide to go on a winter adventure without their parents' knowledge and end up getting into way more trouble than they could have ever imagined. The main characters, Tommy and Vince, end up going on a winter campout when their parents are away. What seems like a harmless adventure turns into a nightmare when the boys find a half-frozen man and decide to help him and things end up taking a scary turn, forcing the boys to see how far they will go to save their lives. Told from a high-school boy's perspective, the story telling is very true to life and the characters are well developed. The conversations in the book reminded me of all the guy talk I overheard in the halls in my high school. From the first page, the author had my attention. The characters were likable, very believable and the story unique and entertaining. In a world full of novels directed at teen girls and bookshelves that seem to be full of fantasy and science fiction for teen boys, to have such a believable, unique story and well-written book aimed at mid-teen boys is very refreshing. I have read a few other books by this same author and have always found his writing to be exceptional and have never been disappointed. Snow Burn is a book that I would highly recommend to anyone, especially for the teen boy looking for something original, entertaining and fast-paced; you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow Burn.