SERIESous Book Reviews's Reviews > Violins of Autumn

Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley

Aug 26, 12

bookshelves: should-have-sequels, judged-by-the-cover
Read in July, 2012

I randomly picked up this book from the library after seeing the cover. The plot summary grabbed my attention (I had recently started watching the TV series 'Bomb Girls' and really enjoyed it) so I decided to take it.

I'm glad I did! I really enjoyed it and appreciated it. It's obvious that the author has done her research and the atmosphere she creates is amazing. So if you enjoy WWII young adult novels/settings then I recommend this.

The book started a little slow for me but it really picked up. I really respected Adele as a character. She is a strong female and a fighter.

My only disappointments were in the romances. They don't play too major a role in the story--which is fine because there is enough going on that they really aren't needed but for some reason after reading the summary I was expecting a little more I suppose.

I would definitely be interested in a sequel based on the premise and how it ended. Even if it wasn't with Adele but within the same environment with different characters I would be interested in reading it.

(Find more book series reviews and book recaps on my blog: http://seriesousbookreviews.wordpress...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violins of Autumn.