Melanie's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

A huge honkin' 5 stars!

'Seduction and Snacks' is in a league all its own. I have never ever read a book that is this funny ! And not 'fluffy-fun' funny, but 'hell yeah!' no holds barred funny!

Written completely in 1st person (from both Claire and Carter's POV), this is a hilarious story about a 20-year old college student who, out to lose her dastardly virginity, chooses a handsome, quirky "frat" boy at a party and gives it (unbeknownst) to him - his reaction to said event (after the fact) was my 1st (of many) laugh out loud moments. Not wanting this to be anymore than a pleasant one-night stand, Claire quietly leaves before Carter wakes up... but, as is just her luck, she gets pregnant and can't find him again. Fast forward 5 years, Claire is now a single mother to a precocious weiner-obsessed 4-year old and tending bar in her hometown to make ends meet. By chance, fate or what have you Carter moves to the town and (after Claire's shocking "surprise") the two "rekindle" the feelings they've harbored for each other.

Although this story is pretty potty-mouthed with lots of "grown-up" language thrown about, it's also incredibly sweet and almost reads like a modern-day fairytale. I thoroughly enjoyed every single page, character, and situation - and wouldn't change a single thing!
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

08/15/2012
10.0% ""My dick is bleeding. Drew - MY DICK IS BLEEDING!"

Holy sh*t, this book is funny. Whacked, but FUNNY!"

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Glad you enjoyed this one so much. Great review, Mel.

Melanie Thanks Kristen :)

message 3: by Melanie (last edited Aug 18, 2012 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie Well humor is a very subjective thing I guess Naysa - to each their own! The majority of the reviews are pretty much in favor of this book though... I know I certainly enjoyed it! :)

KindleRomance Reviews Great review! Can't wait to read it!

Melanie Hope you like this one Kris! I really did :)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Huh. I thought I already liked your review (I left a comment) but I guess I didn't. Bet you anything GR was having some wacky glitches when you wrote this review. Lol

Melanie Lol Kristan! That's more than likely.