Eileen's Reviews > Lady of Hay

Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine

Aug 15, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, historical-fiction, public-library
Read from August 15 to September 04, 2012

I did not want to like this book, but I did. I like the idea of multiple people being reincarnated together to work things out, but it was a little jarring to have there be as much sexual violence as there was to work out. I guess that's not a surprise when you're dealing with 12th-century men in 20th-century bodies. Times have changed. It was certainly a stretch in many ways but it was still an interesting read, and the ending surprised me in a few ways. Of course, the thing that I noticed in this book as I have been many others, was a lack of character development. I often had to stop and think about who I was dealing with amongst the three men involved, and various attributes of each of them to keep them straight If you were to ask me to describe any of them, either in past or present tense, I'd be hard-pressed to do so. It also was not plausible that there was as much hypnosis going on as the book indicated. As others have mentioned, finding a good regression hypnotist is not really as easy as it seemed to be in this book. And spontaneous self hypnosis?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of Hay.

08/25/2012 page 375
49.0% "This is what summer reads should be. Loving this book..."