Hana Jay's Reviews > Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling

Plate to Pixel by Helene Dujardin

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, photography, food, my-kindle-books
Read from August 13 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy

I bought this book to give me an overview on how to become better at photographing food for my blog. I've been a big fan of Helene from Tartalette for some time and her photos looks always brilliant. Her book gave me a chance to pick her brains, and learn how to make everything easier and more fun. The book starts with the basics (exposition, focus, ISO, etc.) but gives a lot of good advice on where to get nice props and how to style food for your photos. It does not go into detail with the technical stuff, but I didn't mind it. I think there are other books to consider if you need to get your camera working properly. I would give this book 5 stars, but the Kindle edition has a few flaws. The pictures--and this book is supposed to be about pictures--were far too small and some of them were even mismatched. There's a description talking about spaghetti, but in the picture there's a camera instead... you get the point. Otherwise everything else about this book is great. I would recommend it to starting food bloggers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plate to Pixel.