Icats's Reviews > Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher

Dec 04, 08

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read in November, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle takes place before Jim Butcher’s first book, Storm Front. Here our favorite paranormal detective and wizard, Harry Dresden, is called upon by the Chicago police to help investigate a brutal animal attack at the zoo that has left a security guard dead. But as you can probably guess, there appears to be something more of a supernatural nature behind this mauling. Once again, Harry finds himself the target of some pretty wicked dark forces as he tries to figure out who or what is behind this crime.

Welcome to the Jungle is an action-packed fun read. The graphic novel has bold illustrations that nicely compliment the story and in the back of the book there is bonus material including a cover gallery and concept artwork that I found fascinating. Even though not necessary, if you have not read any of the Dresden Files books or watched the series on Sci-Fi, I would recommend reading Storm Front before reading the Welcome to the Jungle to get more of the background story on Harry Dresden and his wizardry.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to the Jungle.