brittney's Reviews > Carrie

Carrie by Stephen King

Aug 15, 12

Read in August, 2012

ahh, the old movie versus book problem. no doubt in my mind that the book is infinitely better than the movie; that's not what i'm talking about here. rather, i saw the movie years ago and thus, knew how the book (more or less) panned out. because of this detail, the book lost some of its appeal. i bring this point up only because i feel that with media allusions, anyone who hasn't read the book might be in the same predicament i am.

that being said, the book is good. stephen king is a talented author and kept me interested with details that were lost in the movie transcription. he has the ability, at least with this novel, to create such detailed images that my mind was able to create mirror images of the scenes he described. there's no real deep thought or surprise revelations in this book, but it is good for a genuine "i-enjoy-to-read-so-i'm-going-to-read" time. because of this, and how much i enjoyed king's style, i'm definitely adding some of his books that i'm not familiar with to my "to-read" list with the hope that i can enjoy the book a bit more when the elements of surprise and suspense are novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carrie.