Michael Burhans's Reviews > Slow Twitch

Slow Twitch by Liz Reinhardt

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from August 14 to 16, 2012

This book surprised me by taking an entirely different direction than I expected, and made me like it all the more for that. It was easily my favorite of the trilogy, but some of that because threads from the previous two became clear.

Brenna Blixen is one of the most interesting characters I have ever read. Their is almost no emotion you can fell, that I did not at some point feel for her. In the end, she became a rounded and interesting person with some obvious faults, and obvious virtues. In short, a real person. I've never disliked a character so much as I disliked her during the middle of the 2nd book, and ended up limning them in the end.

Liz Reinhardt is an interesting writer that draws real and complex characters warts and all. Getting to know them is like getting to know real people, how tou fell about them constantly evolves and changes. Really amazing to read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Twitch.

08/15/2012
10.0% "Not at all where I had expected this to go so far, but better for the surprise."
08/15/2012
25.0% "This boo could not be going more off of where I thought it would if she had read my mind and done the opposite. LOL Loving it though."
08/16/2012
75.0% "Almost done and I will be sorry to see it end."