Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > Owlet

Owlet by Emma Michaels

Dec 21, 14

bookshelves: blog-tour, arc-electronic, 2012
Read from October 19 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

The beginning starts off with the perspective of Iris, a young teenage girl who has a bad case of asthma. After a deadly asthma attack her father decides to move her somewhere safer. To an island that Iris has been dreaming about her entire young existence. She knows she’s been there before, she has dreamed it. Every single detail is the same, even the mysterious young boy named Falcon. Yet, every time she asks her father Roger, about her past, he quickly brushes her off. Iris seeks out the truth and what she finds may not be so dreamlike as she was expecting to be.

Romantics will truly love this soul mate story. I thought it was adorable and cliche, yet sweet and endearing at the same. I can honestly say how much the teenage me would have enjoyed this story. Iris and Falcon truly love each other, and you can feel their love leap off the pages. Even though Iris can’t believe she knows Falcon, her heart calls to him, and for some reason she doesn’t know why. This is why I kept turning the pages. I wanted to know!

The pacing in this novel is incredibly fast. I had so much trouble keeping up. There was a lot of info dumping, and I hope most people weren’t as confused as I was. I believe the story would have flowed a lot better if the story was longer. I loved the idea of the the Society of Feathers, the different tribes that banded together to create one society. It was done beautifully well. I just wished it was explained better. It was told as a story being told to Iris which was good, but it could have been handled better.

In short, I can definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a cute quick love story. Pass if you’re not into the paranormal romances! It’s short at 170 pages. There is a bonus excerpt of the second novel so that was always a plus. (LOVE it when publishers do that.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Owlet.