Krystal's Reviews > Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble

Aug 14, 12

Libby Holladay has turned her love of history and architecture into a business with her friend Nicole Ingram. A restoration job on the Outer Banks of North Carolina leads Libby to find that she had a father and has a family that she never knew existed there. When Nicole is kidnapped from Hope Island, Libby arrives to learn about her father, to meet a brother and sister who resent her presence, and to find herself attracted to a local Coast Guard officer. The local law is suspicious that Libby is responsible for Nicole’s disappearance.
This is exciting right from the beginning! Nicole calls Libby to tell her about finding Libby’s father’s family and the family’s historic hotel on Hope Island. When two men grab Nicole from a lonely beach, Libby is watching on her laptop. Libby’s father’s second wife disappeared mysteriously a few years before; a secret drawer in a jewelry box holds some romantic letters from someone other than her husband. Libby’s inheritance includes an old lighthouse and cave – around which tales of Edward Teach circulate. Alec and Libby are drawn to one another despite his wariness – wondering if Libby might be responsible for her partner’s kidnapping. Throughout the story, the kindnesses that her father extended to many of the islanders and his family inspire Libby to let WWJD guide her actions. Her father’s faith, her own desire to do the right thing, and Alec’s faith lead her to a more prayerful life. Libby’s love of old architecture and beautiful old wood might make you look more appreciatively at older homes in your town.
When I was recently browsing through a book store, my friend and I saw Tidewater Inn on the shelf. I didn’t realize how much was going on in this mystery until I enthusiastically gave a summary and recommended it to my friend.
Four Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tidewater Inn.