Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews)'s Reviews > All You Never Wanted

All You Never Wanted by Adele Griffin

2.5

Flat, with a cast of unengaging and thoroughly unlikeable characters (except Xander!), that offers little real resolution offered for any of the ongoing issues. All You Never Wanted tries to do too much with its short span of pages, and the result is a book that feel short-changed from character motivations and actions to the conflict and denouement. A disappointment that failed to deliver from start to finish, I don't think I will be rereading or recommending this particular novel in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Never Wanted.

11/06/2012 page 30
12.0% "Whoa. Flagstaff, AZ and Sinagua High mention. Pretty cool, if dated since SHS is now a middle school." 7 comments
11/06/2012 page 175
72.0% "I'm trying to like this, but it's all working against me - the shifts from first person to third, the unlikeable characters, the aloof writing."

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Parent That's disappointing. I've really liked some of this author's other books.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) I had high hopes seeing all the awards and nominations the author has for her other books, but this was really not for me. :(

message 3: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Parent Most of her books I've read are spare, so if you don't like spare books it might not be for you...one of her books I read was just okay, the others I really liked. I like short, spare books though.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) I don't mind them if they are executed well. This is spare, and it feels like everything in had such little time spent on it. Does that make sense?

message 5: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Parent Yup, absolutely!