Kodai Okuda's Reviews > Siege of Titan

Siege of Titan by Michael G. Thomas

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: science-fiction

Michael G. Thomas' Seige of Titan is a novel that meets ALL of the criteria for a great, fun military-SF novel in my opinion.

It deserves the 5 stars I gave it.
This book went beyond my expectations for a military SF novel.
In short, I loved it.

Here's a basic overview (no spoilers):
The story takes place in a future where a Confederacy controls the nearby star systems around Sol. In this interstellar society there is a war between the ordered government of the Confederacy and the mysterious religious order known as Zealots. One man finds himself caught up in this conflict due to a debt to society he incurred after being arrested for partaking in the violent bloodsports of the underworld. Gladitorial games that feed the bloodlust of a decadent future society. Spartan, a walking killing machine, finds himself prisoner of his destiny as he is forced to choose between life in prison and military service. His choice to serve the Confederacy as a space marine leads him down a path he would never have imagined possible.

My critique:

The action is well defined and detailed.
The technology is scientific enough to be believable, but not so scientific as to be boring.
Seige of Titan is what military science fiction is supposed to look like.
Action packed with massive spacecraft, intricate battles, a sinister secret on an alien world, and characters that are well developed and likeable.

A great read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siege of Titan.