Hope's Reviews > Shiloh Autumn

Shiloh Autumn by Bodie Thoene

Aug 14, 09

bookshelves: favorites, historical-fiction, reviewed, made-me-cry, best-characters
Read in August, 2009

I love this book. I think that's a good way to start out... :)

This is a stand-alone novel that is also a "sequel" to the Shiloh Legacy Series (or Trilogy...whichever you prefer).

Anyway, I loved it...but I have to say that I struggled through it. Not because it wasn't interesting, but because I didn't really have time for it this summer, working five days a week and all. Luckily I did find enough time to get through it before the summer was entirely spent.
Shiloh Autumn covers such a broad range of emotions, I got mad, I laughed and I cried. I won't ever forget sitting in Target after work, reading this and sipping a smoothie, and trying to keep myself from crying in a public place because I had *conveniently* come across the saddest part of the book there.
I highly recommend this book to anyone...but, of course, I recommend reading the Shiloh Legacy Trilogy first. Brock and Bodie Thoene put such a great amount of effort into their novels! All the historical research that go into their books help me to come away with a feeling that my knowledge of history has increased by some percentage.

P.S. I also recommend the Zion Covenant series for anyone who is interested in WWII and the events which led up to it! :)

Happy Reading!
Hope

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiloh Autumn.

07/07/2009 page 350
72.92% "It's really good! I just don't understand why it's taking me so long to read!!!"