Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Aphrodite Calling

Aphrodite Calling by Jennifer Lynne

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: erotic, contemporary, bdsm, paranormal, m-f, voyeurism
Read in August, 2012

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Self discovery can be difficult at best, especially when you discover you are not who you thought you had to be.

I cannot pretend to imagine what Gina went through growing up knowing she was not the same person on the outside as on the inside. Gina’s history is what attracted me to this story to begin with. She had a lot to cope with in life and I was just happy that this story shed some light on what some may go through.

Himeros on the other hand has enough self confidence to fill a country. As a sex god I would think he is sitting on top of the world, but instead he’s longing for more. I could understand why he felt this way since while he may have a physical connection, he never achieves the emotional connection truly needed in life whether it be a mortal or immortal existence. One thing I absolutely adored about Himeros’ personality is that he’s able to accept Gina immediately including the woman trapped inside of all of the doubt and fear.

Absolutely anyone who enjoys a story of self discovery and larger than life personalities would love this story. Yes, it is an erotic novel with plenty of sex, but it is so much more than that. I was amazed at how much I truly enjoyed the story from start to finish. I know of many people who would enjoy reading this story, and I plan on recommending it to each and every one of them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aphrodite Calling.