Augusta's Reviews > Tigers in Red Weather

Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann

Aug 17, 12

Read from August 14 to 16, 2012

Tigers in Red Weather is a great beach read - intriguing, fast paced, dramatic. I liked that each section was narrated by a different character over the 20 or so years that the story took place so they filled in missing information from the other characters' narratives. The novel started off strong and ended strong but there was a lag in the middle (specifically in Hughes section). I also felt like I wish some of the characters had been developed more (Avery) or less attention had been devoted to them (Eva). I get that the author was trying to make a point that even those you are closest to can never really be known to you but at the cost of me feeling like I didn't understand some of their motivations. Nonetheless, a quick, creepy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers in Red Weather.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lynda Spot-on review.

Annabel Grinbergs I disagree I loved Hughes' section! I felt it pieced a lot of the pieces together for me. I liked the fact that it summed up post war men and how decisions made at war lived with them always. But that's just me! The beauty of books is we take our own things from them.

Love your analysis of the characters, you are spot on with that idea of never truly knowing the people you are closest too. I didn't think of that but you are absolutely right!