Ally's Reviews > Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn

Dec 14, 08

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended for: older teens, music fans
Read in December, 2008

Any music-obsessed geek would find this book to be an entertaining read. I just love how the characters constantly make playlists and match-up songs to their experiences in the book. The little commentaries by Nick, Norah, and friends about bands, like the Cure, and quotes from 80's movies like Heathers, almost jars the reader from believing that these characters are modern teens. You can tell the authors had some pop culture obsessions they had to let loose in their writing.

I usually never do this, but i read some other reviews of the book and readers seemed to have hated the language used in the book. Like the thought processes and speech and vocabulary of the characters were too adult or profane. I think the language was spot on. I was a teen not too long ago and I know my friends and I had worse potty mouths than today, that was just the cool thing. And most teens haven't changed their vocabulary habits today. But Nick and Norah inject some nifty SAT words into their dialogue, sprinkled with a a few "fucks" and "shits" and other expletives. Mostly I was impressed with how sharp witted the the two main characters were, and hysterically funny!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bryan Great review! I cant wait for my copy to come into the library..I should be next in line.