Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > Bonnie

Bonnie by Iris Johansen

Aug 14, 12

Read in August, 2012

I was able to get the book from my public library so I could finally find out who killed Bonnie. This is the third book and last book in this trilogy about it. Eve daughter, Bonnie, went missing years and years ago. Eve has never known what happened to her and who killed her. She has been on the search for years and years to find the truth, and this book explains it all.

Overall the book was good, I thought. Lots of action, it had Catherine and Gallo in it but, no Jane. As usual, Joe was his typical self and not wanting help from others and a bit over protective of Eve but, his role was smaller than usual in my opinion and I was a bit annoyed at the end where he was saying that Eve was his and his to protect.

I ended up only giving 4 stars as I was a bit disappointed in the ending.--I mean really? that is Bonnie killer and how she died, I was let down. Part of me wanted her to be alive but, I knew that the story could not go that way since her 'ghost' was seen and heard from so she had to be dead. Even though reading about why/how she died was a disappointment and the killer--one would be hoping that it was someone else even though it I was able to figure it out way before the ending.

I am not sure what Iris Johansen will be writing about next but, I am sure I will be reading it. Maybe one last story where Eve and Joe are not on their former constant search to bring Bonnie home but, about being able to put it to rest and focus on them and their future?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonnie.