Elevetha 's Reviews > Dragon's Keep

Dragon's Keep by Janet Lee Carey

Oct 30, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: adventure, fantasy-adventure, magic-and-other-magical-substances, failure-to-care, once-is-enough, 2012
Recommended for: Dragon lovers
Read in June, 2012 , read count: 1

Rosalind is cursed with a dragon's talon on her wedding finger. Her birthright and fate are intertwined with the curse. Or is it a gift?

Rosalind's mother is foolish, overbearing, and willing to do whatever(seriously anything) it takes for her daughter. She also got her in this mess in the first place.

Character development was pretty much nil. The writing was confusing and choppy frequently.
The book was boring, boring, boring until page 130 when it sped up a little. Then it goes to mooning (thankfully not as bad as some but still annoying) about Kye and how Rosalind loves him without knowing him and how, when he leaves, she wishes she had never be born because the combination of being without Kye's love and having this awful curse (doesn't seem THAT bad to me) is a worse existence than never having seen the light of day.

I actually liked Kye for the most part. Rosa was the one that annoyed me in this equation.

Then she gets dragged off to Dragon's Keep where a dragon keeps her prisoner.

I liked aspects of the dragon storyline but over all, again, boring.

Apparently, the dragon thinks that her talon is not a curse but a sign of her destiny. Will she fulfill what she was born to do?

I won't spoil the ending for you and how it all pans out and the secrets behind more of Rosa's past.
If this sounds interesting, give it a go. It was an okay read albeit one I won't be re-reading.

It does have a companion book out that I will be reading because reliable sources liked it more than this one. "Dragonswood" is the sequel's name if you be interested.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon's Keep.