Caleb Abel's Reviews > Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

Everything's Eventual by Stephen King

Aug 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012, me-bc, mike-bc
Read from August 14 to 17, 2012

A very entertaining collection of 14 short stories. My top five in order of appearance:

1. Autopsy Room Four
I had to take a breather every two or three pages to make it through this one without having a panic attack. Absolutely terrifying.

2. The Death of Jack Hamilton
I don't know much about John Dillinger at all, but this story about him and a couple of his partners was very enjoyable. Reminded me in ways of Shawshank or The Green Mile - at least in terms of tone.

3. Sisters of Eluria
This short story from the Dark Tower universe has basically convinced me the next major series I'm going end up dedicating half of a year is Stephen King's seven book fantasy series. I'm very excited. Going to try to squeeze in a few little book first though. Maybe I'll start at the beginning of next year.

4. 1408
I loved the movie so much it was actually the entire reason I bought this short story collection at a flea market so long ago. It took me a couple years to finally get around to, but it was absolutely worth it.

5. Riding the Bullet
The emotions about coping with the illness of a loved one wrapped around a bizarre campfire-style ghost story made for a unique tale that I greatly enjoyed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything's Eventual.

08/14/2012 page 400