Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ 's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from August 23 to 24, 2012

Claire decides to lose her virginity and with a guy she meets at a college frat party. Several weeks later she finds out she pregnant and not only didn't she get the guy's name but now she can't find him. Fast forward five years and suddenly that guy turns up at the bar she's working at.

This is on the warning on the blurb: "profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse" and that is certainly true. There is also a lot of pretty crass humor and no one has a filter so you can imagine the things that are said! And it is constant throughout the book...there is no down time. It's almost as if the book was written by a guy...all the one liners, the movie lines and the songs. I can understand why some people had a hard time with it. Some of the things in the beginning were too over the top but...there are sooo many hilarious things that you can't help but laugh.

Liz, Claire's best friend , and Claire just start up a business in this book called Seduction and Snacks. Claire makes the Snacks, chocolates and other bakery type items, and Liz sells the Seduction...aka sex toys and items. It's starts out good but you can't help but wonder how it will go. Besides the business and getting things going, there really wasn't any drama. We did get a bit of a run in with Carter's ex but that's it.

The main thing that I loved about the book was the romance between Carter and Claire. It was just so sweet how they kept looking for each other and how they felt. When they picked things back up, it was as if no time had gone by...except they had a four year old. I also loved how Carter took to being a Dad and how both him and Gavin talked in their sleep!

All their friends are really great and they all just fit together. I love the couples together and can't wait to see where it goes for them especially Jenny with the way she messes up words and Drew with his t-shirts. Liz and Jim are adorable and Jim is sort of the quiet one so I'm keeping my eye on him.

Gavin was priceless...and also a handful!! It made me thankful that I never had to put up with all the things he did or said but it did remind me of some of the hilarious things my son said when he was little.

Claire's Dad, George, was also interesting and a little scary! I like how things are going with him and look forward to seeing where they go.

I had to read the blurb for the next book Futures and Frosting and I'm not happy but what can you do? I guess there has to be drama.

**On a side note, I heard that this was a twilight fan fiction and I'm hard pressed to find many similarities. Claire lived with her overprotective father, there are three couples and some of the characters share the same traits but I only noticed that after I was really trying to find something.

Favorite quotes (There's no way I could add them all and already most of the good ones have been posted so here's a few others):

♦ "I HAD QIVERING LOINS!"

♦ "Muffins in the basement."

♥ "I need to kiss her. I need to kiss her like I need to breathe."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

Quotes Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Liked

Tara Sivec
“Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they cut your wiener,” Gavin sang as he pointed his gun at random objects.
“Wow, cops have gotten pretty hardcore lately” Carter muttered.”
Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks

08/23/2012 "Gavin is hilarious!" 3 comments
08/24/2012 "i cant get the Bad Boys song out of my head!! w/new lyrics of course...LOL!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Juls you really should read this like ASAP!!! ;P

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ yea i think im gonna start it today.

Juls ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "yea i think im gonna start it today."

you wont be disappointed!

Juls seriously, you are gonna laugh your ass off! be ware tho, the word vagina is in the book way too many times to count but every time its said i LOL'd :D

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ im really curious because people either love it or hate it. and ive kinda seen that in a lot of comments...LOL!

Juls i absolutely LOVED it! i've never laughed so hard in my life! its like that throughout the whole book.

message 9: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Ooohhhhh!!! I am DEF. looking forward to what you have to say about this one!!! ;)

message 10: by Juls (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juls ~V~ wrote: "Ooohhhhh!!! I am DEF. looking forward to what you have to say about this one!!! ;)"

have you read this yet???

message 11: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Yeah !!! Sharon share your input on this book ! keep us updated, please.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Yodamom wrote: "Yeah !!! Sharon share your input on this book ! keep us updated, please."

LOL ok i will!

message 13: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Juls wrote: " ~V~ wrote: "Ooohhhhh!!! I am DEF. looking forward to what you have to say about this one!!! ;)"

have you read this yet???"

Nope!

message 14: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Well ? love it or hate it ?

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Yodamom wrote: "Well ? love it or hate it ?"

i like it....there are sooo many funny parts, some are a bit much so i can see why people didn't like it.

=^☺^=mskitty I think you have to have a South Park or Bevis and Butthead type of sense of humor...or have a little boy that reminds you of Gavin....I have both! lmfao!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ the things Gavin says bust me up...especially when he is sleeping!

have u seen the picture of her little boy on her FB? OMG!!

=^☺^=mskitty No looks like I'm going now! lol!

=^☺^=mskitty He's cute!
I think that's what I like the most about this...I've heard a song about POOP, Wieners, and how many times you should be hit in the nuts, this book really hits home with me.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ yea me too...i was just telling my husband about it and we were remembering all the stuff our son used to come up with!

message 21: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Great review Sharon! I'll def. have to give this a try at some point, but "oh no!" @ not being happy after reading the blurb for the next book!! :(

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL...well of course u know i do love drama!

=^☺^=mskitty She has to keep Clair and Carter together!!!!!! Eeeeekkkkk. Why did you make me read the blurb!!!?????

message 24: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ =^☺^=mskitty wrote: "She has to keep Clair and Carter together!!!!!! Eeeeekkkkk. Why did you make me read the blurb!!!?????"

LMAO!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ =^☺^=mskitty wrote: "She has to keep Clair and Carter together!!!!!! Eeeeekkkkk. Why did you make me read the blurb!!!?????"

LOL...i know i felt the same way!! ...and sorry!