Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)'s Reviews > Hocus Pocus Hotel

Hocus Pocus Hotel by Michael Dahl

Aug 14, 12

Read in August, 2012

I really enjoyed this middle grade book by Michael Dahl, it's the first book I have read from him and I now can't wait to read Troll Hunter the next book I have from this author to read. Hocus Pocus Hotel is very easy to read and has a great flow to it that I think a lot of young readers will love. The illustrations in this book are great and really bring the story to life.

The book starts out with Charlie thinking he is going has to fight the school bully Ty, because he has a note telling him to meet him after school. When he gets to the place he finds out that Ty just wants his help solving a mystery and because he knows that Charlie aka Hitch, as a photogenic mind and can remember everything he sees.

Together they solve two different mysteries in the hotel and Charlie figures something out on his own, but together they sort of form a unlikely friendship.

The book is about mysteries and magicians and filled with cool magic tricks and little diagrams that show you just how the tricks work so it's easy to picture in your mind. My favorite character is Mr. Brack the elevator operator he is mysterious and fun.

It was fun, mysterious and I think boys and girls who love to read will both enjoy this book. I would definitely recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hocus Pocus Hotel.