Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Aug 14, 12

Demon Hunting in the Deep SouthDemon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished Demon Hunting In The Deep South and loved it, while it was not quite as hilarious as Demon Hunting In Dixie it may have been a better book as far as plot. I give both of them 4.5 Stars and the first book maybe higher since it caught me by surprise and had me almost rolling in the floor laughing. This book would have been better if we had more of the dog who I loved when referring to the vet as "the House of Pain" . The first book was a fun romp and this one was closer to a murder mystery/love story so it really was hard to compare except for the humor which I loved in both. These are books you need to get and save for when you really feel down, they will give you a lift and a laugh. The author is expanding her universe a bit and I can see setups for many future stories for the denizens of Hannah, Alabama but a few of us feel like we have an inside track on these books since things like a funeral banner that read "Say Hello To The Bear For Us" is immediately understood by people like me :) Highly recommended but you almost have to read the books in order to get full enjoyment. It also becomes apparent that Ms George is growing as a writer since this book taken on just the literary level (yes that is hard) shows a lot of growth as a writer, I can hardly wait for the next installment of the adventures of all the creatures in Hannah :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tiki Great Review Doug. I definitely need something to lift my mood, so will check out the first. Thx!!

Douglas Meeks Well here is the cover for the next one so you might as well stock up because you will want this one

message 3: by Grammy (new)

Grammy 1 Love the review Doug...I will put on my Wish List because my TBR it tooooo tall

Douglas Meeks You won't regret it, these are books you can read back to back and love it

Mina Khan Love books with humor and just picked both the first & this one up. Thanks for the review!

Douglas Meeks Mina wrote: "Love books with humor and just picked both the first & this one up. Thanks for the review!"

I just wanted to warn you that many people thought book #2 was a bit of a letdown but book #3 picks back up in the vein of book #1 so if you feel like Demon Hunting in the Deep South let you down, go grab Demon Hunting in a Dive bar, it is great!