Kate McMurray's Reviews > Stars & Stripes

Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux

Aug 17, 12

bookshelves: romance, m-m
Read from August 14 to 16, 2012

I pretty much agree with everyone's assessments—the book is great, funny and emotional, and the emphasis is definitely on the emotional rather than the mystery (which still felt a little unresolved to me at the end, actually). But there's a lot to love here: forward progress in Ty and Zane's relationship, delightful (and one not so delightful) secondary characters in Ty and Zane's families, a lot of humor and heart, and of course, Cowboy Zane and Ty's tigers. I even liked how Zane's mother was handled; so very often, the sort of conflict Zane has with his mother is easily resolved in an m/m romance novel—the homophobic parent magically comes around or had no problem with gay people to begin with!—but the way she acts here struck me as being more true to life. (Although she is a Villain in the classic sense; I kind of wish some of her more redeeming qualities—surely she has some?—were shown here.)

Overall, a fun, entertaining, absorbing read that I really enjoyed. When is the next one coming out?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars & Stripes.

08/14/2012
10.0% "I was gonna wait to read this until I leave for vacation next week, but I have no will power." 2 comments