Abbie's Reviews > To Whisper Her Name

To Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander

Jan 01, 13

bookshelves: christian-historical-fiction, 2012, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed
Read from November 28 to December 12, 2012

Olivia’s late husband was a trader to the south and she is left to face society as an outcast because of it. Thankfully her late mothers good friend takes her in when she has no where to go. She soon meets Ridley who at first she can’t stand but the more she gets to know him the more she starts to care. Ridley comes to Belle Meade Plantation because he wants to learn how to work with horses and the man to learn from is Bob Green. He only plans to stay a few weeks but soon finds himself there longer and the longer he stays the more his heart starts to fall for Olivia. He has a secret though that could ruin everything he is trying to do. Can Olivia over come her late husbands shadow and can Ridley find his way and will love blossom?

This is the first book I have read by this author and I enjoyed it. This is a longer novel and covers a lot of ground.

What I liked: This is a very well written book and it was easy to feel like I was right there at the plantation. The characters where likeable and well written and developed. I also loved the cover picture, beautiful dress!

What I did not like: This book was very long and at times I felt the book could have moved faster. The book took a long time to develop but yet the ending was kind of fast and left me going that’s it? I don’t understand why a little more time could have been given to the ending. I also felt the climax of the book was kind of weak.

Over all I enjoyed this book but it was a little long and drawn out at times and the ending was so abrupt I felt a little disappointed. The writing was great and I love the detail and depth of the book. I hope to read more books from this author in the future.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Whisper Her Name.