Becky's Reviews > The Two Week Wait

Aug 14, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chick, drama
Read from August 14 to 15, 2012

I really didn't find this to be as strong a book as one moment one morning, which was a shame. The subject is a moving one although I did find it a little hard to connect with Lou's near instant decision to have a child, especially when compared to the more considered desire of Cath. Considering the speed with which Lou seems to come to this decision it did seem somewhat cruel to the characters and the readers that the author decided to only grant success to one woman in this story. There seemed to be several sharp criticisms of single parents running through this book, which I do not feel were entirely necessary, especially not if one remembers the central story of 'one moment'. The title of this book is also a little misleading, the actual two week wait is skipped through remarkably quickly, and even the most traumatic and joyful scenes of the story seem to be given only a short moment within the novel, it does read a little as though the author ran out of steam around the conception stage of the story which is unfortunate. Overall this has the potential to be a very moving story, but ultimately I didn't feel that it held together as well as I would have liked.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Week Wait.

11/13/2016 marked as: read