Bishalakhi Ghosh's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Aug 14, 12

Read in August, 2012

Meh... what a sad sequel to a great first novel.
Though there were areas within the book that were almost 4.5, overall i cannot rate it more than 2/2.5

The character of Cas is irritating with his "love" whining, I really thought Blake would add more as development to Cas, given he is the protagonist. But with most YA novels and this includes famous Harry Potter, these individuals are forever caught in their pacing hormone charges, without ability for stable or coherent thoughts more than 60 secs. Sad! This i thought had so much promise...

And the aspect of "love" simply blows my mind, how quickly YAs' succumb to the emotion? Everything is instant, no scope or time for growth or gradual progress.

I like the characters of Carmel and Thomas, both seem way more normal in teenage pangs than our hero Cas. Will Cas be soon taking up guitar and drugs?

I feel that Blake could have had all these in her first book itself, there were pages of not-so-relevant information and characters, moreover it was perpetual I-know-a-secret-but-i-wont-share season with Morfan, Gideon and even Riika.

Hmm will she write another one? i dont know, but i really hope that if Cas is featured Blake will give him some growth and development much like what she did with Anna!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.