Leila Summers's Reviews > In the Presence of Spirits

In the Presence of Spirits by Barbara  Parks

Sep 18, 2012

bookshelves: memoir
Read in September, 2012

This book was not as scary as I expected to it to be and even though I had made sure to read it during daylight hours, I found that I kept on reading well into the night without any fear :) The paranormal has always fascinated me, for many reasons including the comfort it provides for those of us who have lost a loved one, but it also has the ability to give me the real creeps!

Barbara explains her understanding of the differences between ghosts and spirits right at the beginning of the book, and though there are still many things I don't understand, this book provides much insight through one woman’s real life experiences. And what experiences they are!

After an intriguing account of her childhood ghostly hauntings, Barbara Parks goes on to explain her re-acquaintance with spirits as an adult in a very different light. In the second half of the book, she shares many fascinating stories of her clairvoyant encounters with spirit beings. Though there are sure to be many skeptics out there, I wish to thank the author for sharing her incredible story, for I found it reassuring as well as a gripping read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Presence of Spirits.

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Thank you!