Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books's Reviews > The Cool Part of His Pillow

The Cool Part of His Pillow by Rodney Ross

Dec 04, 12

Read from August 14 to 19, 2012

It would be easier to tell you what Rodney Ross’s THE COOL PART OF HIS PILLOW is not, rather than what it is. It is not a romance, it is not a sexy story, and while it is about grief, it is not depressing. There is no HEA and not even an HFN, but neither is needed in telling the story of what happens after a beloved partner dies.

There are many wonderful secondary characters, but the one who claimed my attention and heart was Barry’s mom. The dialog in this book is witty, melancholy, delightful, and wistful, all at the same time. This is one of the great character-driven stories, and I fell in love with all of them. There is no villain here.

I loved this book. Even though I joined Barry in his grief, it is still such a beautifully written book I will probably read it again. In fact, I will recommend it to friends who have suffered a loss as an example of the fact that whatever they are feeling, it is normal, acceptable, and right. I also recommend it to anyone who enjoys a beautifully written book with amazing dialog and incredible characters who seemingly breathe and have heartbeats.

Please see my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cool Part of His Pillow.