Mel's Reviews > Rockoholic

Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: arc, own
Read on August 14, 2012

I was about to leave the bookstore I work at yesterday when we opened a box of new ARC's. I went through it and this was the only one in the box that looked amazing. The cover on the ARC I have really popped out at me. It's different then the cover shown here on Goodreads. The cover I have is a girl covering a guys mouth. They are both wearing black and he has sunglasses on. On the back cover is one of those photo booth strips of different photos of them together. The cover definitely got my attention. I have to be honest and say I'm not sure I would have picked up the book with the cover shown on Goodreads.

Anyway, the book itself was pretty great. There were a couple times I wanted to speed read through parts early on but overall I laughed a lot and cheered on Jody as she took on a great deal of responsibility for dealing with Jackson. I think at her age I would have dealt with the situations exactly as she had. Even though this causes numerous issues with her best friend Mac. I loved the little girl Cree, Mac's sister. She sounds adorable and I loved how she added to the storyline throughout the book.

I also loved that this book took place in the UK. There were phrases that I knew because I lived over there for over a year and have gone back a number of times. It was great to hear the slang too. I would definitely recommend this book to others. I read this book in one sitting last night, staying up til 3 or 4 am reading it. I will definitely be checking out other books by C.J.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rockoholic.