TamElaine's Reviews > Running Wild

Running Wild by Linda Howard

Aug 19, 12

Read from August 16 to 19, 2012

I was generously given an uncorrected proof of this novel from NetGalley...and was so excited and privileged given that Linda Howard has been one of my favourite authors – All of the books that I have read that are written by Linda Howard have deserved a 5 star rating in the romance-suspense category – Among them, “After The Night,” “Mr. Perfect,” “Dream Man,” and “Open Season” to name a few.

Carlin Reed has been on the run, afraid to settle in any one place, but knows she must stop long enough to make money to be able to move on again. But the people of Battleridge, a small town she stops in on her travels to have some pie, have her wishing her running days were over.

And Zeke, a local cowboy and ranch owner, just happens to be in need of a housekeeper and cook.

Carlin has no intention of letting her guard down and Zeke intends to keep it all business.

I didn’t find that this book had the same magic that Linda Howard usually weaves into her books. I must admit that I am not familiar with Linda Jones’ writing (although I now fully intend to read one of her books), however, the writing is seamless with no obvious transitions apparent between the two authors, which made for a smooth read....I am curious as to how their work was divided, or how the authors worked together in the writing of this book.

Linda Howard is known for her sassy, unique characters and vivid, hot and steamy sexy scenes....and this book does not disappoint !

Several laugh-out loud moments are woven into the book making it fun and enchanting, immediately loving the characters.

The authors are skilled in building anticipation for those events we know are coming which, for me, makes up for the predictability of the story. The most active parts of the books kept me on the edge of my seat throughout, each sentence moving the action forward.

I will definitely be watching out for the next book in the series....I suspect it will be exciting getting to know the rest of the Battleridge boys ! (I don’t have a clue what is in the works, but I would love to read more about Spencer !!! Ms. Howard, Ms. Jones ???? I have a feeling Spencer falling for a woman would make for some great laughable, loving, emotional, and of course sexy moments...he seemed so genuine and so green)

I do so wish that Goodreads would allow half stars...This one rates a 3.5 stars for me...when I have to round the stars, I don't always choose the same direction...in this case, I felt rounding up was more appropriate !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Wild.