Julie's Reviews > The Sweetest Thing

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, favorites
Recommended to Julie by: Goodreads Book Club Buddies
Read from August 14 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: Once

From the outside, it would appear that Tara Daniels has the perfect life. She is the epitomy of control and elegance. The oldest of three sisters, Tara is the one who always makes sound decisions, followed by direct action. No one would suspect all that Tara hides, even her two sisters. Upholding her image has never been a problem no matter what she feels on the inside. Until, she was forced to return to Lucky Harbor and the origin of all skeletons of her closet. Her biggest skeleton has decided to haunt her days and nights. Ford is part of her past. A past she has made a life goal of sweeping under the rug. A past that has driven her to escape Lucky Harbor and never look back. However, now that she IS back and has shockingly decided to give Lucky Harbor another chance, Ford wants another chance as well. Just when Tara has found a future for her life that might be filled with enjoyment, success, and family, her deep, dark secrets beg for another chance too. Oh, and just for fun, stir in a little of the recently divorced "ex." Can she hold it all together? Will she make a decision which will make her happy this time around?
As the second book in the Lucky Harbor series, Jill Shalvis has produced another wonderfully sweet and funny read. Not only this, but she has written a book which delves into the psychology of family. So, too, does she wade into some of the most controversial and tragic issues faced by young men and women today who are faced with decisions and consequences of sexual relations. Such serious subjects, but done with such taste and in a way that is still so entertaining. I must say though that I rather preferred the heroine's character in this book compared to the first book while liking the hero in the first compared to this hero. Probably just my own personal preference since I can't really complain about anything too substantial. I just so enjoyed this read, and will recommend to any romance reader out there regardless of your specific subgenre preferences. Afterall, everyone deserves a smile now and then. :-)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetest Thing.

08/14/2012 page 300

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz Oh Julie! What a great review!!! I can't wait to read this one!! Also, I kinda like the fact that you'll be going first on these so I can read your reviews and know what to expect. :D

Kindle Gal Another fab review, Julie! You are CRUISING through this series, much like I did when I first discovered it. So fun!!!

I've heard Jill released a very short story for Logan somewhere (eBook only)--maybe as part of a collection--but I haven't found/read it yet. And I do know she's writing Mia's story as a novella to be released this December. I'm really interested in reading that one!