Kristin Scearce's Reviews > The Complete Knifepoint Horror

The Complete Knifepoint Horror by Soren Narnia

Aug 26, 12

Recommended to Kristin by: Goodreads, Soren Narnia
Recommended for: Anyone who likes horror/suspense/a good scare
Read from August 20 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Disclaimer: I was given an e-book copy of this book by the author, with whom I have no personal association.

"The Complete Knifepoint Horror" is a collection of horror short stories that covers all sorts of bases, from ghosts to zombies to cults. I found this book to actually be pretty scary. I tend to do most of my reading at night, and so I started this book around 11pm-12am. By around 2am, at the story of Seacrist Elementary School, I started to hear "bumps in the night," as did my dog, and it was at that point that I decided night-reading might not have been such a good idea. However, I did not heed that decision, and the next night, the same thing happened. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes a good scare, and especially to those with varied tastes in their horror genres.

The only reason I denoted a star (and wish it could have only been a half-star) is the author's stylistic decision to keep everything lower-case with no paragraph separation. Perhaps it's just me, but I found it a little hard to read, and there were several occasions where I had to go back and read over certain portions because I had ran two sentences together and was confused. Other than that, this was an absolutely wonderful collection of horror, and I would definitely read it again. Although, during the day, this time.

4 1/2 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Knifepoint Horror.

08/21/2012 page 60
08/21/2012 page 79
33.0% "Okay, the story about the crime-scene cleaners is creepy just because of the locations. My husband used to work in Rockville and he went to high school in Chantilly (which is just a hop, skip, and a jump from where we live now). *insert Twilight Zone music*"