Rachel at theJeepDiva's Reviews > Sneak

Sneak by Evan Angler

Sep 29, 2012

bookshelves: for-review
Read from September 03 to 10, 2012

I really liked the sequel to Swipe. I felt like the book kept up the standard of the first and kept the series going instead of feeling like it was just filler between the first and second books. I again give the book 4 stars.

I still feel that the characters are believable and their actions and reactions are reasonable but they are awful lucky about getting into trouble and then back out. However, I do agree with Ana in her review of the first book that the characters do not seem like they are 13. Erin grows in this book and starts to see other sides of the story towards the end. I enjoyed watching her put together all the pieces of information she was stealing from DOME’s computer. I liked that the book followed several different POV’s so that we are able to see things happening at the different locations throughout the story. I did not see it coming when the author revealed what happens to the Markless prisoners and the flunkees.

The action and suspense are kept going in this book. The world is also still the same in the second book but we find out more about what Cylis is hiding and why everyone should be concerned. The word is spreading among the Markless and the people are ready to fight back. The Markless finally believe that their freedoms are something worth fighting for and want to show that they will not be pushed around. At the end of the book a secret is revealed, a secret that not only concerns the Marked but also anyone who has went in to Pledge.
*Cliffhanger* I think the Dust has DOME really starting to sweat by the end of the book. I know I am waiting to find out what happens with this new development and what the author has in store for us next. I can’t wait to read the third one!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sneak.