Lisa Vegan's Reviews > The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau

The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau by Michelle Markel

Oct 27, 12

bookshelves: biography, childrens, non-fiction, picture-books, gr-a, art, history, reviewed
Recommended for: art appreciators; artists; people of all ages who persevere or need encouragement to persevere
Read on October 27, 2012

I adored this picture book. I thoroughly enjoyed the interpretation of Rousseau’s art, and I loved most of the illustrations. I really liked the story. I was touched and heartbroken and inspired by Rousseau’s life and experiences.

This is a fabulous book for people of all ages who need encouragement to persevere in pursuing their dreams and goals, who create or want to create art or other work, who appreciate art and art history, and/or who enjoy Rousseau’s paintings, and who appreciate nature and have interest in art history. While this is a children’s picture book, I think it will also have special meaning for adults, especially older adults, who want to begin a new endeavor, and for anyone who has been discouraged by others’ opinions and needs a bit of a boost to believe in themselves.

This book would make a perfect gift for anyone of any age who has been told no or who has received rejections to their dreams or work. Very inspiring!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau.