Adela Bezemer-Cleverley's Reviews > Life, the Universe and Everything

Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams

Nov 16, 2012

bookshelves: wish-list
Read from August 13 to 20, 2012

Okay, because I actually finished this book on Friday and it is now late Monday night and I have to work tomorrow, this review will not be as long as I maybe would have liked it to be. I know, I've been writing short reviews lately, and I'm sorry.

Most important point: YAY!!! The third book is just as awesome and entertaining as the first one! I guess the second one felt kind of like a hiatus, a muddle of uncertainty and impatience, but the third one got right back into the style of the first one which I loved so much. Let me grace you with some quotes, and then I shall be done. I think most of these I bookmarked purely for entertainment purposes:

' Important facts from Galactic history, number one: (Reproduced from the Siderial Daily Mentioner's Book of Popular Galactic History.)
The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the entire universe.' --pg. 16

' "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre," he muttered to himself, "and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."' --pg. 39

' A magician wandered along the beach, but no one needed him.' --pg. 93

' He looked around for the others.
They weren't there.
He looked around for the others again.
They still weren't there.
He closed his eyes.
He opened them.
He looked around for the others.
They obstinately persisted in their absence.' --pg. 101

That's it for today, I'm afraid. The third book was excellent and I hope the fourth and fifth continue that way. I have to find where I put the fourth one...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life, the Universe and Everything.

08/14/2012 "I'm only 2 chapters in and it's already way more entertaining than the second one"
show 2 hidden updates…