Tita's Reviews > Me Talk Pretty One Day

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Dec 29, 08

Read in December, 2008

Just got this book yesterday at Ngurah Rai airport, Bali, when my flight was delayed. I needed an enjoyable distraction and apparently have chosen a right one. It contains short (autobiographical) stories that are easy to digest and remarks that are hilariously snappy. I like reading it so far.
==========

Finally done reading this book after three week's delay. All in all, this book is not as pleasant as I thought. Amusing, indeed, but it gets too nasty and tedious at some parts (especially the fictional fragments). Considering the book's autobiographical nature, I am not looking forward to meeting the author nor befriending someone with such viewpoints (especially referring to the chapters about living in France). However, like I've said before, this book contains hilarious, snappy remarks. So it is, in its own time, entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me Talk Pretty One Day.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookshop Ah, lo gak gitu suka yah. Ini Sedaris pertama lo? Menurut gue yg ini bagus. Naked agak sulit dibaca (and nastier :p).

Tita Iya ini Sedarisku yg pertama.. hihi.. Enak banget buat dibaca di perjalanan. Yg Naked nastier? Coba ah ;))

Bookshop Kayaknya kalo pertama kali emang rada2 susah 'membiasakan diri'. BTW, Naked lebih bagus yg 'dress your family in corduroy' kata gue :P

Tita iya kali ya. acquired taste. spt ke.. tulisan2nya bourdain? :) pas nih btr lg gue bakal pergi2 lg, pasti cari2 buku di bandara buat dibaca di jalan..