Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Bossy and the Brat

Bossy and the Brat by Daisy Harris

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: ebook, m-m, romance, request

Daisy Harris hands us another winner featuring the men of Holsum College in Bossy and the Brat. Bossy and the Brat is the fifth book in the series and leads us through the trials and tribulations of Cal and Tyler. Cal used to be the RA of the dorm and as such all freshmen are off limits as potential love interests. Tyler used to be one of those freshmen but we are now in the summer after Ty’s freshmen year and Cal has it bad for him, even if he does not fully want to admit it. Once Tyler notices that Cal has broken up with his hometown girlfriend and sees Cal watching him closely, Ty sets his sights on conquering Cal; or maybe Cal sets his on Tyler. The fun then begins.

Ms. Harris takes us through the emotional turmoil of Cal, from a small town where homosexuality is simply not accepted and marrying a good girl is the norm. Cal’s feeling for Tyler are both wonderful and confusing as he comes to terms with not only his homosexuality, but the fact that love and relationships are a “for-ever” and not to be taken lightly. If he truly accepts himself and Tyler, can he have the happily ever after?

Ms. Harris also explores Tyler’s insecurities. Tyler is known for getting around, but never in a committed relationship; always waiting for the other man to call and being available for that call. In Cal, Tyler sees security, love and a deep-seated connection, which all scare him. But, this is something that he wants and will even sacrifice people knowing they are dating to have whatever bone Cal will throw his way. Through Ms. Harris’ writing, I felt Tyler’s emotional state and need for love as it radiated through the pages allowing me to cheer for the boys and hoping their love could withstand any roadblocks thrown their way.

Eventually, with a little nudge from Cal’s ex-girlfriend, Nicole, Cal comes to terms with his love for Tyler and allows the chips to fall where they may.

As the two men explore their relationship, both emotionally and physically, you will laugh at their antics as the Brat tries to dominate the Boss and vice versa. Who comes out on top is truly not the issue, as both men find love and acceptance in each other’s arms. Daisy Harris’ Men of Holsum College series is a wonderful addition to anyone’s reading list and Bossy and the Brat does not disappoint.

reviewed by Zafira
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossy and the Brat.