Cynthia's Reviews > Fireproof

Fireproof by Alex Kava

Aug 15, 2012

did not like it
Read from August 13 to 15, 2012

Just finished. Did I miss how Sam was saved from the fire? I have read all her books and I am really upset with this disjointed ending. Really, how did that character survive the fire???!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fireproof.

Sandy If you blinked you missed it. Page 299: "she saw two firemen carrying a body from the backyard of the empty house."

Cynthia Thanks, I guess. This was not the author's best effort. I'm not sure if I will continue to read this series. But, I do appreciate the feedback.

Give me Jack Reacher every time!

Take care.

Ausgeoff Yep, I agree. Very unsatisfactory ending. Kava must have got a hurry-up phone call from her publisher?

Cynthia If that's the case, then she should fire her publisher. Not that this was such a sterling series to begin with, but I liked the main character.

If you want a fun ride, read Nelson DeMille. I recently read "Plum Island", which is his first in the John Corey (spelling ?) series, and intend to continue. Here's a sample of his wit: It occurred to me that the problem with doing nothing is not knowing when your're finished.

I'm reading book #2 of Ken Follett's Century series: "Winter of the World." The first was "Fall of Giants", which was an excellent look-back at World War One and the events leading up to it. If you like history, I would recommend this author's work.

Take care, and Merry Christmas!

Cynthia Ausgeoff wrote: "Yep, I agree. Very unsatisfactory ending. Kava must have got a hurry-up phone call from her publisher?"

Take care, and Merry Christmas!

Ausgeoff Thanks for the suggestions Cynthia.

And yeah... Reacher does it for me too.